Our in house laboratory and dedicated lab technician can perform a significant number of tests, offering you a quick return on results.
Tests done are:
• Routine biochemistry and haematology (blood).
• Downer cow profiles (blood)
• Bacteriology: milk samples can be submitted for bacteriology when investigating mastitis or high cell count problems.
• Worm Egg Counts: these are now frequently carried out in lambs and growing cattle with the results used to ascertain the optimum time to dose, or to demonstrate the existence of resistance to a specific wormer.
• Calf scour screening
• Metabolic profiles: BHB/urea
• BVD virus: an ear notch test is now available to test whether an animals is persistently infected.
Veterinary interpretation with recommendation of treatments and a written report are always included with the lab findings.
Anything that cannot be tested in house is send off to the VLA, based in Winchester. We have a daily pick up from Lewes ensuring samples will get to the lab as soon as possible.