Newly Graduated Equine Veterinary Surgeon
We have a fantastic opportunity for a newly graduated Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our forward-thinking and motivated team. You will be joining a progressive hospital with a fantastic support system in place for new Vets. The role is split between the hospital and surgical team and ambulatory and emergency work. Our new grad programme is a two-year fixed contract with possible opportunities to progress within the hospital at the end of the programme.
You will be backed up by a team of experienced Vets and qualified and trainee Equine Nurses. Support and training from our resident Specialist in Equine Sports Medicine will be available and you will be assigned a VetGDP advisor and mentor for regular catch ups.
You will work a 40-hour week over 5 days and be part of the out of hours rota for inpatient care.
A company pool vehicle is provided for work use and brand-new, on-site accommodation is available.
- Salary - £30,000 per annum.
- Graduate Academy payment - £5000 in your October salary in year one of the programme.
- Holiday - 6.6 weeks per year plus one day birthday leave.
- Structured CPD programme and excellent budget.
- For more information on the Graduate Programme visit www.ivcevidensia.co.uk/graduate-academy
We are an established RCVS Accredited Equine Hospital-based just outside Lewes in the East Sussex countryside. The practice is set in the beautiful Sussex countryside at the base of the South Downs, just a few miles from the vibrant market town of Lewes and a short drive from Brighton. Direct trains to Gatwick Airport and London Victoria.
We are very well equipped with 20 inpatient stables, full surgical and hospital facilities, hospital and ambulatory diagnostic equipment, and an extensive range of treatment technology.
Our in-house laboratory makes it easy for our vets to run a variety of haematological and biochemical tests on site.
Our dedicated Equine Dental Technicians look after all routine dentals, meaning vets are not required unless they have a specific interest.
We have built a great local reputation and client base and are continuing to grow and develop year on year.
A strong work ethic and a desire to provide a high-quality service to our clients is vital, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
More Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To apply, please email your CV to Jack Beeson-Smith, Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org