Newly Graduated House Vet. Cliffe Equine Vets, Lewes, East Sussex.
Hospital and ambulatory split equine internship in a supportive and encouraging team.
Fantastic opportunity for a newly graduated Equine Vet Surgeon to join our forward-thinking and motivated team. You will be joining a progressive hospital with a fantastic support system in place for new Vets. The role is split between the hospital and surgical team and ambulatory and emergency work.
You will be backed up by a team of experienced Vets and Equine Nurses. Support and training from our resident Specialist in Equine Sports Medicine is available and you will be assigned a VetGDP advisor and mentor for regular one to ones.
You will work a 40-hour week over 5 days and be part of the out of hours rota for inpatient care.
A company pool vehicle is provided for work use and on-site accommodation is available.
- Salary - £34,000 per annum
- Holiday - 6.6 weeks per year plus one day birthday leave.
- Structured CPD programme and excellent budget.
For more information on the Graduate Programme visit – https://ivcevidensia.com/career/graduate-academy/
The practice is set in the beautiful Sussex countryside at the base of the South Downs, just a few miles from the vibrant market town of Lewes and a short drive from Brighton. Lewes boasts direct trains to Gatwick Airport and London Victoria.
We are well equipped with 20 inpatient stables, full surgical and hospital facilities, hospital and ambulatory diagnostic equipment, and an extensive range of treatment technology.
Our in-house laboratory makes it easy for our vets to run a variety of haematological and biochemical tests on site.
A strong work ethic and a desire to provide a high-quality service to our clients is vital, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
More Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
- Membership of the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy with associated salary and benefits package
- In-house CPD, support and mentorship from the specialists, advanced practitioners and certificate
- holders in your hospital
- A VetGDP adviser
- BEVA Membership
- RCVS Membership renewal fees
- Attendance at the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy Congress once during your two years
- Attendance at BEVA Congress once during your two years
- Access to 5 of our Fundamentals CPD Programme modules per year on the programme
- Access to the VetPD Equine General Anaesthesia Course
- Access to the VetPD Equine Discussion Panel
- Accommodation is at the discretion of the individual Hospital and should be discussed at interview
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
To apply, please email your CV to Rhianna Petrie, Practice Manager Rhianna@cliffeequine.co.uk